Scientific modeller/Data Scientist with strong life sciences/biochemistry/toxicology or similar experience – Grand Canal Dock, Dublin
Creme Global is an award-winning data science company with global clients. Our clients include large multinationals, industry groups, government agencies and academic institutions in the food, cosmetics and chemicals industries. Creme Global’s multidisciplinary team, with backgrounds in mathematics, nutrition, physics, pharmacology, computer science, economics and business, provide software and consultancy solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Creme Global is looking for an exceptional statistical modeller or data scientist ideally with experience in toxicology/chemistry who would enjoy working on challenging client projects and being part of a dynamic, Dublin city-centre-based company.
This role will involve joining a team of mathematical modellers in the development of an innovative range of data modelling and machine learning applications. Current projects include models to assess consumer exposure to fragrances in personal care products and cosmetics, to assess exposure to pesticides via domestic use, and to predict the growth of bacteria in foods.
- Honours degree from a numerate science discipline, which included at least one module on statistics (e.g. Biology, Bioinformatics, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Molecular or Computer Science).
- Evidence of strong mathematical capabilities.
- Programming experience in numerical and/or statistical analysis using tools such as Python and R.
- Competence in assessing statistical results and interpreting their significance within a scientific discipline.
- Capacity and willingness to readily acquire new analytical skills (mathematical approaches, programming languages) quickly.
- Polished technical writing and presentation skills (Microsoft Office and GSuite).
- Fluency in the English language.
- Readiness to engage in international travel to visit Creme Global customer sites.
The following, while not essential, are highly desirable:
- Education or work experience in the fields of Toxicology/Biochemistry/Life Sciences
- Advanced database management and data manipulation skills (MySQL, SQLite).
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and data manipulation skills with MS Excel.
- Quantitative risk analysis experience.
- Experience with Linux operating system.
- Knowledge and/or interest in fields such as food science, toxicology, nutrition, microbiology, or exposure sciences.
- Professional report writing experience.
- A track record of scientific publication and conference attendance.
- Attention to detail and timelines so that tasks are completed within their allotted time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Effective interpretation of technical, scientific and business requirements.
- Aptitude for positive and productive interaction with clients.
Reporting to: Head of Data Science & Modelling
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dublin 2
Apply with CV to email@example.com