Food Scientist or similar with Strong Data Analysis Skills – Grand Canal Dock, Dublin
Creme Global creates and deploys expert models, software and services, enabling clients to accurately assess and predict the impact of foods, additives, nutrients, personal care products, cosmetics, chemicals and pesticides on consumers. Creme Global serves leading companies and government agencies worldwide.
Our culture is creative, scientific and progressive and our multidisciplinary team is highly skilled with backgrounds in data science, mathematics, nutrition, food science, physics, bioinformatics, computer science, engineering and business.
We are looking for an experienced and driven candidate with a food science/food safety/microbiology (or similar) background. The ideal candidate would enjoy working on challenging client projects and being part of a dynamic, Dublin city-centre based company.
This role will involve working on population intake, exposure and other scientific projects using Creme Global’s in-house models. The candidate will be giving scientific support to the business development team to create new business opportunities and also work within a multidisciplinary team, including data science and software development. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in a science-related discipline, excellent computer skills and strong customer-facing experience/aptitude.
- Honours degree (2.1 or higher) in food science or a related discipline (e.g. Food Safety, Microbiology, Nutrition or similar).
- At least two years of work experience in a related role.
- An ability to manage, analyse and interpret data and statistical results.
- Excellent data manipulation skills (e.g. Spreadsheets or other tools).
- Excellent scientific and technical writing, presentation and computer skills (MS Office).
- Experience in researching nutrition and food science-related topics in an efficient and prompt manner.
- An ability and motivation to learn new skills and subject matters.
The following, while not essential, are highly desirable:
- Data analysis experience using statistical software (such as Python, R, SQL, SPSS, SAS).
- Experience in food safety, regulation and consumer exposure assessment. Experience of working with food consumption databases (e.g. IUNA, NDNS, NHANES).
- Experience in the area of predictive microbial modelling.
- Experience in database management and manipulation in packages such as: SQLite / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritise work and adapt to change.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to interpret technical, scientific and business requirements effectively.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Dublin 2, Ireland
Salary: DOE, negotiable
Apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org